Adult Community Integration Worker
Job Type: Salary (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5651
Location: Lewiston 04240
About the Job:
Provide a range of community integration, case management and support services to adults with serious and disabling mental illness in order to facilitate integration into the community of their choice and to assist them in achieving their life goals.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Provides case management, support and community integration services that involves the identification, assessment, planning, linking, monitoring and evaluation of services and supports needed by clients.
- Develops Individualized Support Plans in conjunction with clients and collaboratively update and revise plan as needed.
- Provides information, consultation and problem solving assistance and support to clients and family or members of support system.
- Maintains caseload as assigned by supervisor and meets productivity expectations as assigned.
- Fulfills contract hours, as established at the time of hiring.
- Timely and accurately completes administrative paperwork in accordance with time frame established by the organization's policies.
- Actively participates in administrative meetings, including program meetings and general staff meetings.
- Respects clients' dignity and preferences in all interactions.
- Demonstrates at all times the commitment to a recovery based service philosophy and to providing the least intrusive service intervention that supports the client's needs/preferences in the least restrictive setting that supports client and staff safety.
- Communicates with all colleagues and peers in a respectful, professional, courteous and responsive manner that promotes teamwork and supports positive outcomes for clients.
- Transports clients only when other options are not available, to specific appointments or services which are clinically indicated as necessary to meet their needs as stated in the ISP.
- Exercises judgment consistent with clinically accepted standards of community practice in determining whether to transport a particular client(s).
- Maintains adequate personal vehicle insurance coverage, a valid driver's license, a vehicle that is in good repair and a good driving record as per agency policy.
At Sweetser, we envision the journey toward recovery to be a collaborative process between staff members, consumers, and those who form the support network for the consumer. We acknowledge that both providers and consumers may be on this journey, and seek to be partners in recovery. We believe the recovery process is grounded in mutual respect, and holistic in scope.
- BSW or Bachelor's degree in a closely affiliated field with conditional MHRT/C certification, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, full MHRT/C certification.
- Employee must be able to obtain provisional MHRT/C certification.
- If the candidate does not have a bachelor's degree, full MHRT/C certification is required prior to employment.
- Two years experience working with adults with serious and persistent mental illness preferred.
- Two years experience working with adults with serious mental illness preferred.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to respond to clients, family and colleagues in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of adults with mental illness and their families.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative and direct service staff throughout the agency, with peers and the members of the community.
- Ability to manage multi-task situations and conflicting demands, cope with stressful situations, prioritize projects and responsibilities, and meet critical deadlines.
What Our Clients Are Saying
May 28, 2008 To whom it may concern: In my job as a Probation Officer, I have had the opportunity to work with the Sweetser group home in Plymouth and the Healthy Seeds Program. One of my probationers participated in this program during his stay last summer. This program was a very positive...