Youth & Family Counselor I
Job Type: Hourly (30.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5674
Location: Belfast 04915
Work with children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a residential setting.
Schedule: 30 Hours per week
Ideal Applicant Would:
Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
- Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
- Take direction from others; exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior; ask questions for clarification; request feedback regarding performance with clients and peers.
- Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- Certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within two months of assignment.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- A reliable vehicle and the organization's minimum auto insurance coverage are also required.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I am enclosing a donation in thanks for all your staff did to help my mentally ill daughter, at the time she was in Brunswick (2004-2005). She has multiple problems and resists help. My daughter is now with the Community Correctional Alternatives in Farmington, where she is doing better. She has...