Youth & Family Counselor I - Adolescent Unit
Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 6125
Location: Saco 04072
Location: Portland Adolescent Unit, Saco Campus
Work with children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a residential setting.
Schedule: 40 hours. Monday through Friday afternoons and evenings.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- Certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within two months of assignment.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- A reliable vehicle and the organization's minimum auto insurance coverage are also required.
- Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I miss you guys a lot. I still can't believe that I graduated! Thanks for all the help and support that I needed to survive in life. Without you, I would not be able to stay calm in situations like I do now. Sweetser is one true family! ~ C.J. G.