Youth Family Counselor-Overnights
Job Type: Hourly (30.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 6010
Location: Saco 04072
About the Position:
Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment in which families can safely work on their treatment issues.
Schedule: 30 Hours - Saturday, Sunday and Monday awake overnights.
The Ideal Candidate Would:
- Ensure safety of residents during night hours by maintaining a wakeful presence and by conducting and documenting ten (10) minute staggered bed checks
- Provide Direct Care to clients by using the prescribed treatment strategies and observining and monitoring behaviors.
- Assist in developing and accomplish an effective crisis plan.
- Provide assistance to clients by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
- Maintain records by ensuring complete and accurate daily logs, and documenting medication and other written reports as required.
- Set and maintain professional boundaries with language, attire and interactions.
- Assist by following proper TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) procedures, including preventative behavior supports and physical interventions.
- Comply with all organization policies and procedures by being attentive to the distribution of medication to children.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification as Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within first month of assignment.
- Be committed to the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff, depending on the issue addressed.
- Availability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Assure quality in work performed to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- Report accidents and injuries in a timely fashion, demonstrates safe housekeeping practices, notify supervisor of potential health and safety concerns immediately.
- Participates in health in safety training as required, understand and follow all Sweetser health and safety policies.
- Consistent practice role of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) in Best Practices.
- Ability to support and recognize the important role that volunteers play. Sweetser employees work with, support, collaborate with volunteers and promote opportunities for volunteer engagement.
- Valid drivers license
What Our Clients Are Saying
Five ACT Program clients in Brunswick trade their labor on a Wiscasset organic farm for shares of the vegetables they grow. One client, Jason S., shows up to garden every Friday afternoon, rain or shine. The others come when their lives and their mental illness allow them to participate, said...