Job Type: Hourly
Job Code: 5888
Location: Saco 04072
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
About the Position:
Oversees the process of collecting and verifying patient benefit information, maintaining authorizations, updating systems information, managing bill production, and monitoring of aging of accounts receivable, in order to ensure accurate and timely billing while experiencing minimal payment denials. Works as liaison with service programs to ensure training and education related to reimbursement.
The Ideal Candidate Would:
- Provide daily direct supervision of applicable senior billing specialists, billing specialists, patient benefits specialists and applicable administrative support staff, including auditing of daily work.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing that is in compliance with all applicable regulations and rules governing the organization.
- Oversee weekly, and more frequently occurring electronic billing, to provide the organization with consistent, reliable cash flow.
- Manage the timely, monthly closing of billing systems, including integrating system data from sources to the general ledger system; and the timely generation and distribution of all month-end, quarter-end and annual billing reports.
- Conduct annual job performance reviews in conjunction with the director of patient accounts; and providerecommendations for professional development of staff.
- Assure collection of receivables by ensuring proper production and coding of claims, through detailed and thorough knowledge of payor regulations and contracts.
- Review client accounts and make recommendations for disposition of balances.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and departmental procedures to ensure timely collection of balances.
- Maintain billing specification and fee tables for the accurate production of claims; and interact with the information systems department in the mutual support and maintenance of the MIS systems.
- Work in conjunction with program staff to ensure processes and procedures are in place to facilitate collection of charges.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Bachelors degree in business or minimum of seven (7) years of related training and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years medical services billing experience, mental or behavioral health billing experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Maine state collection laws and regulations.
- Intricate knowledge of the Medicaid program and regulations, and commercial payor expectations. Working knowledge of CPT coding.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal management skills.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I miss you guys a lot. I still can't believe that I graduated! Thanks for all the help and support that I needed to survive in life. Without you, I would not be able to stay calm in situations like I do now. Sweetser is one true family! ~ C.J. G.