Crisis Stabilization Counselor
Job Type: Hourly (24.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 6163
Location: Brunswick 04011
To provide crisis stabilization services to adults who are in a psychiatric crisis by interactions in a positive environment that is assessed as necessary to prevent decompensation or acute psychiatric hospitalization.
- Provide a positive emotional support and supervision to clients who are in an acute psychiatric crisis.
- Complete all necessary documentation including in part clients’ activities, behaviors observed, medication compliance, and sleeping and eating patterns.
- Follow through with treatment plans and clearly and concisely document the clients’ progress.
- Encourage and support the clients’ efforts to maintain their health status through hygiene, diet, exercise, rest and coping strategies.
- Encourage and support clients’ efforts to increase opportunities for social contact and access to community resources.
- Engage in team meetings relative to the clients’ plan of care and response to treatment.
- In a timely manner, communicate relevant information to Crisis Services staff and other health care providers to assure continuity and consistency of care.
- Escort clients and provide a supportive presence during appointments that are related to treatment goals.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate fashion; i.e., progress notes, time sheets, expense forms, etc.
- Accept additional assignments when requested by the Team Leader or Program Manager. This may include additional shifts in order to maintain the integrity of the program.
- Support independent client functioning that leads to increased skills upon discharge.
This is a 24 hour per week position. The hours are Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday 4pm to 10pm.
Note: we also have a 16 hour per week position that can be combined. These hours would be Saturday and Sunday 8am to 4pm
- MHRT I state certification or eligibility for and completion of certification within the first year of employment
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Valid state driver's license with liability/collision limits of $100K/300K on personal auto insurance.
- Experience working in the mental or behavioral health field helpful but not required.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I miss you guys a lot. I still can't believe that I graduated! Thanks for all the help and support that I needed to survive in life. Without you, I would not be able to stay calm in situations like I do now. Sweetser is one true family! ~ C.J. G.