Educational Technician III/BHP - Relief
Job Type: Hourly (1.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5949
Location: Saco 04072
About the Position
Supports the classroom teacher or appropriate specialist by assisting in the instructional process and in maintaining an environment conducive to learning. This is a relief position needed availability Monday through Friday 8am to 3:30pm. However, there is no guarantee of hours.
- Assists classroom teacher by reviewing and reinforcing learning previously introduced by the teacher or specialist under the direct supervision of the teacher.
- Supports the educational plan, including goals and activities, involving students in community and social programming based on individual need, scheduling and assigning instructional activities and following up on results.
- Reinforces students' personal and social development by reinforcing rules and procedures for administrative matters, students' verbal participation and students' movement within the classroom, between classrooms and on the playground.
- Assists classroom teacher by performing short-term instruction and classroom management.
- Provides assistance to community-based programs by supervising small groups with professional supervision.
- Ensures students' correct behavior by effectively using the behavioral systems that have been put into place by the classroom teacher, appropriate specialist, and treatment team.
- Conveys information to students by using language concepts, examples, demonstrations and teaching aids, such as audiovisual equipment and computers.
- Set and maintain professional boundaries with language, attire and interactions.
- Level III - Ed. Tech II or three years post secondary education or combination equivalent to 90 hours of approved study in an educationally related field.
- Bachelor Degree in related field.
- Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) certificate or eligible.
- State of Maine Ed Tech III Certification
- Personal characteristics and temperament suitable for working with persons with special needs.
- Two years working within the field of assignment preferred.
Access to the Employee Assistance
Plan Eligible to participate in the 403(b) retirement plan
What Our Clients Are Saying
We want all of you to know how very grateful we are for your care of M--. Your entire staff deserves great credit for doing their job so well. Certainly, we know the challenges to safety and sensibility that M-- can create. Everyone needs to know that there are places where crises can be managed...