Home and Community Treatment Clinician
Job Type: Salary (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5820
Location: Lewiston 04240
SummaryAbout the Position:
Serves families, and children by providing appropriate clinical services in their homes, with the support of a Behavioral Health Professional.
Schedule: Weekdays with some evenings and some weekendsEssential Functions:
- Assess individual and family situations. Understand and implement a systems perspective.
- Provide a comprehensive level assessment of identified client and family, which includes history taking, mental status evaluation, risk assessment, diagnostic formulation using the most recent DSM or DC 0-3 establishment of a therapeutic alliance and development of a treatment plan, and overall introduction of the client to the mandate and the workings of the organization, including informing each client of his/her rights as a recipient of mental health services.
- Identify goals for treatment. Formulate and implement treatment goals and objectives.
- Work with community representatives toward development and implementation of treatment process.
- Understand and implement, in a regular and dependable fashion, family therapy techniques and practices, group treatment and individual therapy when clinically indicated. Schedule home visits accordingly. Travel to client homes and other community locations as needed.
- Be available to see families in late afternoon and evenings as needed.
- Be a liaison between program and family, communicate needs and perspectives effectively.
- As appropriate, demonstrate willingness and ability to supervise social worker students. If LCSW, demonstrate willingness and ability to provide clinical supervision to LMSW Conditional II’s.
- Master’s degree in either Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy with a concentration in clinical practice from an accredited graduate school.
- Appropriate licensing certificate LMFTcc, LCPCcc, LMSWcc, LMFT, LCPC or LCSW
A. Demonstrated competence in discipline.
B. Must maintain a valid state driver’s license.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I was a teen at the site in Saco in 1966, and lived in the Brown Cottage. The Sargents were house parents then. I was a horrible kid and hated my time there, until it was time to leave, and then I cried. I didn't learn the value of my time at Sweetser until I became an adult. When you work with...