Youth & Family Counselor Overnight
Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5817
Location: Saco 04072
About the Job
Come join an excellent team at Sweetser working in Rockport, Maine as a Youth & Family Counselor I.
Schedule: Overnights 10pm to 8am
Ideal applicant would:
- Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
- Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
- Take direction from others; exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior; ask questions for clarification; request feedback regarding performance with clients and peers.
- Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- Certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within two months of assignment.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- A reliable vehicle and the organization's minimum auto insurance coverage are also required.
What Our Clients Are Saying
It is with deep appreciation and heartfelt thanks that my husband and I write this testimonial. Our entire family has benefited tremendously by being a part of the Sweetser "Family." We had just hospitalized our son, Josh, for the fourth time when we met our assigned Sweetser case manager. It...