Youth & Family Counselor I - Summer Rec Program
Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 6158
Location: Saco 04072
Maintains a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment. This is a temporary position staffing the Summer Rec Program.
The Ideal Candidate Would:1. Provide Direct Care to clients by displaying the role of tutor, role model, cook and source of emotional support.
2. Ensure clients safety
3. Collaborate and participate with staff and families to achieve the desired treatment outcomes.
4. Exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior.
5. Timely completion of daily professional documentation.
6. Provide assistance to clients by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
7. Set and maintain professional boundaries with language, attire and interactions.
8. Have the ability to transport clients (home visitations, appointments, etc.)
Schedule:This is a temporary 40 hour position from June 22, 2015 to August 22, 2015. Location:This position is housed on our Saco campus in the Family Focus Unit.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- Certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within two months of assignment.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- A reliable vehicle and the organization's minimum auto insurance coverage are also required.
What Our Clients Are Saying
The Brunswick CSU also received a nice note from a recent client - "Thank you for all of your help and support during my time at the CSU. Your patience and encouragement has set me on a path that will give me every opportunity to be successful."