Youth & Family Counselor I - Crisis Unit
Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5990
Location: Saco 04072
Location: Crisis Unit, Saco Campus
Work with children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a residential setting.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- Certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within two months of assignment.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- A reliable vehicle and the organization's minimum auto insurance coverage are also required.
- Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse System are encouraged to apply.
What Our Clients Are Saying
A client reported to Family Focus in Sanford that she only had 36 hours of wood left to heat the house, and was cutting trees in her back yard and burning green wood to keep warm. After many calls to lumber yards, foresters and firewood companies, one company stepped up to help our...