Youth & Family Counselor Overnight Relief
Job Type: Hourly (1.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 6096
Location: Saco 04072
About the Position
Maintains a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment in which families can safely work on their treatment issues.
Schedule: Relief Awake Overnights
Location: Saco Campus
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Ensure safety of residents during night hours by maintaining a wakeful presence and by conducting and documenting ten (10) minute staggered bed checks Provide Direct Care to clients by using the prescribed treatment strategies and observing and monitoring behaviors.
- Assist in developing and accomplish an effective crisis plan.
- Provide assistance to clients by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
- Maintain records by ensuring complete and accurate daily logs, and documenting medication and other written reports as required.
- Set and maintain professional boundaries with language, attire and interactions.
- Assist by following proper TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) procedures, including preventative behavior supports and physical interventions.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Third shift experience preferred.
- Clean Driver's license.
- A reliable vehicle and the organization's minimum auto insurance coverage are also required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Eligible to participate in the 403(b) retirement plan.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I am enclosing a donation in thanks for all your staff did to help my mentally ill daughter, at the time she was in Brunswick (2004-2005). She has multiple problems and resists help. My daughter is now with the Community Correctional Alternatives in Farmington, where she is doing better. She has...