Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5771
About the Position:
Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
This position is housed at Harbor Family Services in Rockport, ME.
The Ideal Candidate Would:
· Provide Direct Care to clients by displaying the role of tutor, role model, cook and source of emotional support.
· Ensure clients safety.
· Collaborate and participate with staff and families to achieve the desired treatment outcomes.
· Exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior.
· Assist by following proper TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) procedures, including preventative behavior supports and physical interventions.
· Timely completion of daily professional documentation.
· Provide assistance to clients by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
· Set and maintain professional boundaries with language, attire and interactions.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Certification as Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within two months of employment.
· Crisis Units Only – MHRT I state certification or eligibility for and completion within the first year of employment.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Basic computer skills a must; power, keyboard and mouse functions.
Valid State Driver's License.
· Ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
· Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
· Able to develop a positive therapeutic relationship with clients and their families.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I was a 2002 resident at the Sweeter Family Focus Program in Saco and then a student at the Saco School for a year and a half. Sweetser saved my life, saved my family, and led us to bigger and better things. Sweetser helped me become the person I was born and raised to be. What I learned at...