Psychiatric Nurse Practioner
Job Type: Salary (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5900
The NP provides assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and adults, including: psychiatric evaluation, treatment planning, client education, provision of informed consent, writing of prescriptions, medication management, review of complicated cases with comorbidity, organicity, seizure disorders, and psychosomatic disorders. The NP generally works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and has an important role working with staff to develop an overall successful treatment plan that addresses both medical/psychiatric issues and other issues. The NP is responsible for maintaining an awareness of the overall medical condition of the client and will generally be responsible for determining how best to coordinate with other medical professionals and services to best meet the needs of the client. This position can be based out of Northport or Rockport. Travel will be required between the two locations.
- Medical training from an accredited institution.
- Completion of a course of training in Psychiatry or Child Psychiatry with a certificate of completion from an accredited psychiatric residency training program or from a child psychiatry fellowship program.
- A Master in psychiatric nursing is required and must be maintained by the applicant throughout employment (including any necessary continuing education, license reapplications, etc.)
- Family/Child Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner License or Board Certified in child Psychiatry.
- A valid DEA certificate is also required, with full prescriptive authority including Schedule II controlled substances preferred.
- A valid state driver's license is required.
We will provide you with Reimbursement for First Time Licensure\Exam and Licensure Renewal
What Our Clients Are Saying
I miss you guys a lot. I still can't believe that I graduated! Thanks for all the help and support that I needed to survive in life. Without you, I would not be able to stay calm in situations like I do now. Sweetser is one true family! ~ C.J. G.