Teacher- Special Education
Job Type: Salary (37.50 hours per week)
Job Code: 5948
Location: Saco 04072
About the Job
Come join an excellent team at Sweetser in Saco, Maine working as a Special Education Teacher. Opportunity to prepare students for meaningful lives by contributing to their educational and social development. Helps parents by providing academic information, suggesting available eduational and social resources as well as addressing parents' concerns.Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am to 3:30pm. Year round, salaried position
- Contributes to school’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing directives.
- Establishes and adjusts course outlines and objectives by following curriculum guidelines and state and local school system goals, and modifying plans on the basis of student diagnostic and assessment procedures.
- Conveys information to students by using language concepts, examples, demonstrations, and teaching aids, such as audiovisual equipment and computers.
- Maintains student learning results by providing instructional feedback; coaching, counseling, and disciplining students; and planning, monitoring and appraising learning results.
- Guides students’ personal and social development by establishing rules and procedures for administrative matters, student verbal participation, and student movement within the classroom, between classrooms, and on the playground.
- Helps parents by providing academic information; suggesting available educational and social resources; addressing parents’ concerns; and answering questions and requests.
- Assists the educational supervisor or high school and middle school teachers by developing and implementing prevocational unit.
- Assists students by encouraging them to be responsible for their own behavior by using the concept of logical or natural consequences.
- BS degree in Early Childhood and Elementary or Secondary Education or Special Education
- BS and eligibility for 282 teacher certification.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Student Teaching in a self contained classroom is preferred Experience in teaching life skills preferred.
- Two to three years experience teaching in a Special Education classroom is preferred.
- Personal characteristics and temperament suitable for working with persons with special needs.
- Clean Driver's license.
What Our Clients Are Saying
To Missy Esty - I had planned on sitting down and writing you a real thank you note, on real paper, and sending it the old fashion way, but time has gotten away from me, and I really wanted to get in touch with you. Our family cannot thank you enough. The day that you came to our home was, what...