Behavioral Health Specialist LCSW
Job Type: Salary (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5889
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
About the Job
Sweetser's Behavioral Health Specialist collaborates with primary care practitioners in the practice where they are integrated to provide brief, solution-focused interventions for patients whose overall wellness can be enhanced by a coordination of their physical and behavioral healthcare.
Location: York/Wells, Maine (Webhannet Internal Medicine)
The Behavioral Health Specialist will:
- Actively participate in analyzing the results of behavioral health screening tools determined as appropriate for the practice in which they are integrated.
- Demonstrate competence in quick and accurate clinical assessment of behavioral health conditions.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate key facts and concerns in both formal and informal opportunities.
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of brief, evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage the pace of primary care and working with an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate ability to implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of certain chronic and/or co-morbid conditions.
- Demonstrate competence in coordinating and managing referrals for behavioral health conditions that require longer term intervention.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate crisis situations and employ appropriate interventions.
- Be willing to perform related duties incidental to the tasks outlined above to insure excellent customer service and commitment to team work.
- Master’s degree in Social work
- Independently licensed to practice as an LCSW in Maine
- Ability to utilize technology as a primary support tool in practice
- Demonstrated ability working in a team oriented environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the trend toward Patient Centered Medical Homes, collocation of behavioral and physical healthcare, and specific behavioral health related issues such as trauma, substance abuse and recovery-oriented care
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the social work field
- Experience working with individuals as well as families
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid State of Maine driver’s license.
What Our Clients Are Saying
May 28, 2008 To whom it may concern: In my job as a Probation Officer, I have had the opportunity to work with the Sweetser group home in Plymouth and the Healthy Seeds Program. One of my probationers participated in this program during his stay last summer. This program was a very positive...