Youth & Family Counselor I - Adolescent Unit
Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 6173
Location: Saco 04072
Location: Portland Adolescent Unit, Saco Campus
Work with children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a residential setting.
Schedule: 40 hours. Wednesday through Saturday.
- High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- Certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within two months of assignment.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- A reliable vehicle and the organization's minimum auto insurance coverage are also required.
- Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I want to thank you for everything that you did for our child while he was with you. You all did a great job. You all offered him and us great support and advice. He will carry this advice with him for the rest of his life. You all should be proud of yourselves for helping out kids when they...