BHP/ Ed Tech III-Belfast (5850)
Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5850
Location: Belfast 04915
Supports the classroom teacher or appropriate specialist by assisting in the planning and implementing of the instructional process and maintaining an environment conducive to learning.
Ideal Candidate Will
- Assists classroom teacher by reviewing and reinforcing learning previously introduced by the teacher or specialist under the direct supervision of the teacher.Supports the educational plan, including goals and activities, involving students in community and social programming based on individual need, scheduling and assigning instructional activities and following up on results.Reinforces students' personal and social development by reinforcing rules and procedures for administrative matters, students' verbal participation and students' movement within the classroom, between classrooms and on the playground.Assists classroom teacher by performing short-term instruction and classroom management.Provides assistance to community-based programs by supervising small groups with professional supervision.Ensures students' correct behavior by effectively using the behavioral systems that have been put into place by the classroom teacher, appropriate specialist, and treatment team.Conveys information to students by using language concepts, examples, demonstrations and teaching aids, such as audiovisual equipment and computers.Assists classroom teacher by maintaining a safe environment for all students, having knowledge of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), and using the procedures effectively.Helps the teacher by assisting in the preparation of instructional materials, maintenance of the classroom and classroom record keeping.Assists the teacher by using and displaying enrichment materials, developing bulletin boards and displaying students' work.Set and maintain professional boundaries with language, attire and interactions.Maintains required productivity levels.
Minimum of two (2) years working in the educational technician or related field preferred.
- Meets organization standards by maintaining cleanliness and organization of assigned work areas, as well as common areas for the physical plant.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reading professional publications.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the organization?s safety policies and practices by attending required safety training programs and reporting all accidents and suspected safety hazards to supervisor.
- Participate as an active member in trainings and on organization task forces.
- Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff, depending on the issue addressed.
- Assure quality in work performed to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
- Reports accidents and injuries in a timely fashion, demonstrates safe housekeeping practices, notifies supervisor of potential health and safety concerns immediately, participates in health and safety training as required, understands and follows all Sweetser health and safety policies.
- Willingness to communicate with families and agencies as needed.
- Ability to lead and perform as the substitute to deliver educational lessons during the teacher?s absence.
- Consistently support billing efforts and procedures in a therapeutic environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, including recordkeeping.
- Ability to support and recognize the important role that volunteers play. Sweetser employees work with, support, collaborate with volunteers, and promote opportunities for volunteer engagement.
- Valid driver's license
What Our Clients Are Saying
I was the first kid to enter the Portland Cottage Offender Program (in 1992) when I was 12. The staff there saved my life. I could never verbalize the gratitude I have for everyone there who helped me become the kind, honest and sincere man I am today. My hope is, to some day soon, be able to...