Youth & Family Counselor -Rockport 2
Job Type: Hourly (40.00 hours per week)
Job Code: 5974
About the Job
Come join an excellent team at Sweetser in our Residential Homes. Working as a Youth and Family Counselor assisting children who have behavioral, mental, and emotional challenges in a residential campus setting. On-the-job training is included within the first 90 days of employment which includes Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, First Aid, CPR, and Medication Training.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 6:30am to 2:30pm
The ideal person would:
- Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
- Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
- Take direction from others; exhibit appropriate therapeutic affect and behavior; ask questions for clarification; request feedback regarding performance with clients and peers.
- Be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team with various groups of staff.
- Desire to work with children in need.
- Ability to work with difficult to manage youth.
- Clean and valid Maine driver's license
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- Able to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I want to thank you for everything that you did for our child while he was with you. You all did a great job. You all offered him and us great support and advice. He will carry this advice with him for the rest of his life. You all should be proud of yourselves for helping out kids when they...