Family-centered Collaborative Practice
- Encouraging families to provide suggestions on how to address behavioral issues with their child.
- Working with children to establish ongoing communication with parents and grandparents.
- Hosting family nights at our children’s residences.
- Supporting family involvement in crisis intervention.
- Surveying families to gauge their level of satisfaction with their child’s progress and treatment.
- Working with families to establish in-home supports when a child is discharged from a residential treatment program.
- Assisting parents with implementing behavior plans in the home.
- Keeping in touch with families of children in our programs to report positive behaviors.
- Helping parents through difficult transitions with their children.
- Supporting families in understanding the roots of their children’s behavioral problems.
- Holding award ceremonies to celebrate the hard work of families.
- Encouraging parent involvement in activities at community residences and The School at Sweetser.
- Working with parents to coordinate our rules with the rules children have at home.
- Encouraging families to be engaged with the decision-making process for their child.
- Providing space for families to spend quality time together.
- Helping families obtain the resources they need to maintain relationships with their children.
- Helping parents and children recognize their successes and progress.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I want to thank you for everything that you did for our child while he was with you. You all did a great job. You all offered him and us great support and advice. He will carry this advice with him for the rest of his life. You all should be proud of yourselves for helping out kids when they...