Family-centered Collaborative Practice
- Encouraging families to provide suggestions on how to address behavioral issues with their child.
- Working with children to establish ongoing communication with parents and grandparents.
- Hosting family nights at our children’s residences.
- Supporting family involvement in crisis intervention.
- Surveying families to gauge their level of satisfaction with their child’s progress and treatment.
- Working with families to establish in-home supports when a child is discharged from a residential treatment program.
- Assisting parents with implementing behavior plans in the home.
- Keeping in touch with families of children in our programs to report positive behaviors.
- Helping parents through difficult transitions with their children.
- Supporting families in understanding the roots of their children’s behavioral problems.
- Holding award ceremonies to celebrate the hard work of families.
- Encouraging parent involvement in activities at community residences and The School at Sweetser.
- Working with parents to coordinate our rules with the rules children have at home.
- Encouraging families to be engaged with the decision-making process for their child.
- Providing space for families to spend quality time together.
- Helping families obtain the resources they need to maintain relationships with their children.
- Helping parents and children recognize their successes and progress.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Thank you and your agency for making yourself available to come to our school. Mrs. Dayn and I greatly appreciated your kindness and expertise in helping our community cope with the death of our friend and colleague. With your support, and the help of others, we were well prepared to respond...