Family-centered Collaborative Practice
- Encouraging families to provide suggestions on how to address behavioral issues with their child.
- Working with children to establish ongoing communication with parents and grandparents.
- Hosting family nights at our children’s residences.
- Supporting family involvement in crisis intervention.
- Surveying families to gauge their level of satisfaction with their child’s progress and treatment.
- Working with families to establish in-home supports when a child is discharged from a residential treatment program.
- Assisting parents with implementing behavior plans in the home.
- Keeping in touch with families of children in our programs to report positive behaviors.
- Helping parents through difficult transitions with their children.
- Supporting families in understanding the roots of their children’s behavioral problems.
- Holding award ceremonies to celebrate the hard work of families.
- Encouraging parent involvement in activities at community residences and The School at Sweetser.
- Working with parents to coordinate our rules with the rules children have at home.
- Encouraging families to be engaged with the decision-making process for their child.
- Providing space for families to spend quality time together.
- Helping families obtain the resources they need to maintain relationships with their children.
- Helping parents and children recognize their successes and progress.
What Our Clients Are Saying
The Brunswick CSU also received a nice note from a recent client - "Thank you for all of your help and support during my time at the CSU. Your patience and encouragement has set me on a path that will give me every opportunity to be successful."