Glossary of Terms
- Experiential Learning
- This is the process of education between student and teacher that works through experience with the educational environoment and educational content.
- Helping Systems
- Helping Systems are a broad range of health and human services services that encompass a vast array of organizations that provide them. These services consume large parts of federal, state, local, and private budgets. The services are often critical for individuals.
- Same Day Access
- A service provided by Sweetser for rapid access to a wide variety of behavioral health and substance abuse services.
- Stressors are conditions, external stimuli, or events that causes a stress response. An event that triggers the stress response may include:
- environmental conditions such as loud noises, too much light, or overcrowding
- daily events like traffic and lost keys
- life changes like death and divorce
- workplace incidents like reviews, promotions, demotions, and poor communications
- physical stimuli which can include tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
What Our Clients Are Saying
I would just like to thank Chris Kerr and the entire staff at the Plymouth location for helping our children learn some "real-life" coping skills. Every other program we have been involved with just perpetuated the problem, generation after generation, by refusing to allow these kids to accept...