Ropes Course Maine - Rope Challenge Course in Southern ME
Challenge Ropes Course in Saco, Maine
The FOCUS Challenge Course is located in Southern Maine among the beautiful woods on the Sweetser campus in Saco, Maine. Donna Murray, Director of FOCUS through Adventure, operates the course in conjunction with her programs. Many local schools, summer recreational departments, businesses and corporations from around the area have utilized the challenge course for team development.
For more info or Ropes Course reservations, please contact:
Donna Murray, Director
All Skill Levels Welcome
The ropes course has different levels of development. Groups will work on cooperative field initiatives first, then onto low ropes course initiatives, and then to the high ropes course elements. The ropes course is available for school outings, corporate retreats or any group wanting a team challenge.
Building Trust and Connections
- Field initiatives build connections within the group, establishing behavioral norms and a level of trust.
- Low ropes, where personal risk is a factor, heightens the necessity of communication, support and trust within the group.
- High ropes challenge becomes a celebration of the group work so that every individual can experience powerful success.
Team Development & Team Building
Team Development for both youths and adults.
FOCUS through Adventure provides customized programs that will help teams develop and enhance their communication, identify behaviors necessary to function as a team, and identify individual strengths and skills. A core component of team development is for groups to define the norms of behavior that will drive them to function as a high performance team. Through this process participants will enhance their work relationships as key learnings are easily transferred back to the workplace.
Our consultants may introduce a behavioral inventory like the DiSC Personal Profile System to help participants understand their own work styles and those of others. This information can be the common language with which to develop healthier working relationships and the norms of behavior for their team.
Ropes Course Safety
The ropes course is routinely inspected and certified by Project Adventure, Inc. from Beverly, Massachusetts. Project Adventure is one of the leading international training organizations in Experiential Education. Along with continual safety inspection and updating of equipment, FOCUS through Adventure also maintains national safety standards and protocol for its participants.
FOCUS facilitators are all trained and certified to operate a challenge course. All ropes course facilitators maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
Sampling of Adult Clients:
- Maine College of Art
- Androscoggin Head Start and Child Care
- Novo Nordisk, Inc. Maine Sales Team
- Tom’s of Maine, Sanford Maine
- KIEVE Leadership School, Nobleboro
- First Parish Congregational Church Council, Saco
- University of New England
- West School, Portland School District
Sampling of Youth Clients:
- Deering High School Varsity Girls Soccer, Portland
- Westbrook Teen Adventure Program
- Lyman Moore Middle School 7th Grade
- Kennebunk Beach Improvement Association
- Gray-New Gloucester Varsity Girls Soccer Team
- Gorham, NH, Varsity Girls Soccer Team
- York Varsity Girls Soccer Team
- Thornton Academy Varsity Boys Soccer Team
- The Compass School, Westminster, VT
- Coastal Studies for Girls, Freeport, ME
- USM Upward Bound
- Kennebunkport Parks and Recreation
- Breakwater School, Portland
- Berwick Academy, S. Berwick
- Velocity Soccer Club, Saco
Stories From Our Ropes Course Participants
Dear Mrs. Murray, Thank you for leading us in ABL. I learned that teamwork is one of the most important things in life! I also learned how to be a great teammate. One of my favorite activities was the Jedi game. Of course, I loved the ropes course because I got to fly! You are a very generous...