A community setting for promising futures.
The Developmental Services program at Sweetser offers an opportunity for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live in a community setting in Bangor, Maine that supports wonderfully rich and fulfilling lives.
This is a community made for living an active life and strengthening independence, with guidance from direct support professionals.
Community living forges friendships and lifelong support networks and teaches essential life skills. Residents with moderate to severe intellectual disability make meaningful contributions to the larger community.
Person Centered Plans can include:
- learning skills to live more independently
- finding and keeping a job
- opportunities to engage with and be included in the wider community
- developing social and interpersonal skills
- practicing functional skills like cleaning and maintaining a home, preventing and dealing with emergencies, reading street signs and bus schedules, problem solving, and more
Every program participant receives round-the-clock care from dedicated, highly trained direct support professionals. Transportation to and from medical and dental appointments is provided
If you have an adult family member with an intellectual or developmental disability, call 1-800-434-3000.