185th Anniversary Quiz
Quiz: What is Older (or Younger) than Sweetser?
Can you guess these icons of Maine and the United States? See how close each were founded - in relation to Sweetser - on the completed timeline below!
- This 500-acre farm in Westbrook, Scarborough, and Gorham is the 9th oldest continually operating family business in the United States.
- This reference book, traditionally released in early September, is the oldest continuously published periodical in North America.
- This building, completed one year after Augusta was named the capital of Maine, was originally estimated to cost $80,000 to construct.
- This clothing giant, still headquartered in San Francisco, made the first riveted men’s work pants out of denim: the first blue jeans.
- This supermarket chain, now the largest private employer in Maine, began as a produce stand on the streets of Portland.
- This sugary beverage, a favorite the world over, was first sold at Jacob’s Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia.
- This company, specializing in clothing and outdoor recreational equipment, sprung from a four-page catalog and a still-famous boot.
What Our Clients Are Saying
It is with deep appreciation and heartfelt thanks that my husband and I write this testimonial. Our entire family has benefited tremendously by being a part of the Sweetser "Family." We had just hospitalized our son, Josh, for the fourth time when we met our assigned Sweetser case manager. It...