Count on community-based mental health treatment at Sweetser.
At Sweetser, we know that when you or someone you love receives adult mental health services where they feel most comfortable they have better outcomes. We designed our community-based treatment to let Mainers work toward their promising future in in the least restrictive setting possible, whether that is in a conveniently located community mental health center or in their own home.
Sweetser is Maine’s adult mental health resource. Our clinicians assist with housing challenges, treat difficult and disruptive behaviors and emotional instability issues, and coordinate different types of specialized care so your medical, emotional, social, and vocational services all work toward a common goal. And because we accept MaineCare as well as most insurance plans, adult mental health help is always within reach.
- Assertive Community Treatment – Our team-based approach to adult mental health provides a psychiatrist, nurse, employment specialist, and counselor to support independence, rehabilitation, and recovery.
- Behavioral Health Home – An integrated team approach to reaching mental and physical health goals that includes a home health coordinator, nurse, clinical lead and peer specialist.
- Community Integration – Community integration services support adults experiencing serious mental illness with a full spectrum of services in their community.
- Housing Assistance – We know stable housing supports recovery and can help patients access Maine state rental subsidies through Bridging Rental Assistance and the Shelter Plus Care programs.
- Primary Care Integration – Our behavioral health specialists break through mental health barriers with brief, focused solutions right in your primary care physician’s office.
The help you need, where you need it. To access our statewide adult mental health services, call the Sweetser PromiseLine toll-free at 1.800.434.3000.