Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders so you can provide initial support to someone experiencing an issue and help connect them to appropriate care.
MHFA is an internationally proven and effective program. Individuals trained in MHFA:
- Grow their knowledge of signs, symptoms, and risk factors of mental illnesses and addictions.
- Identify multiple types of professional and self-help resources for individuals with a mental illness or addiction.
- Increase their confidence and skills to help an individual in distress.
- Increase skills in de-escalation to be used with individuals who are in a mental health crisis.
- Show increased mental wellness themselves.
This 8-hour training is held in-person or virtually, and can be divided into two sessions.
If you are interested in attending one of these FREE Mental Health courses, please call us at 207-294-4414 or email us at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: No CEUs nor Contact Hours are being provided for the Mental Health First Aid courses.
No trainings to show